Recording and Protecting East Yorkshire’s historic designed landscapes
To produce a comprehensive and professional portfolio of historic landscapes within the East Riding of Yorkshire Council boundaries, which can be referenced by interested amateurs, academics and professionals working in the field
- To provide up to date, consistent and well researched information on the sites selected that ties in with the Local Planning Framework.
- To ensure that the information is widely accessible both to the planners and to the general public via the Parks and Gardens database.
- To train volunteers in the best practice/methodology of survey, description and appraisal of historic designed landscapes.
- To involve the communities and groups local to the site and thereby increase the awareness and importance of the site.
- To fulfil one of the Yorkshire Gardens Trust’s objectives to protect historic designed landscapes in the county.
20 have been selected and are given below. Click on the name for more information.